Do’s and Don’ts
LOST / DELETED or NOT ABLE TO ACCESS YOUR DATA? STAY CALM! IN MOST OF THE DATA LOSS SITUATIONS YOUR DATA IS RECOVERABLE.
In a panic situation of data loss, very often we take some wrong steps which may further lead to damage to the data/ data carrier and thus permanent data loss.
Always follow the basic Dos and Don’ts when you encounter any instance of data loss.
- Stay calm and note down, whatever you do with the system for later reference.
- Take back-up immediately when you recognize any unusual change in drive/ system.
- Check all the power and data connections of the drive.
- If the affected drive is an external drive, try connecting it to another working machine.
- If still you are unable to access your data, stop working on the drive and immediately contact Data Recovery Specialists.
- If the drive is making clicking/ grinding noise, turn off the system immediately.
- Don’t heat OR freeze the hard drive, as it can cause further damage to the drive, making the data irrecoverable.
- Don’t deliberately hit the hard drive or tap it with a screw driver, as that may displace the head resulting in head crash, pushing you into more complex case of data loss.
- Don’t defrag or run the recovery Disk shipped with your laptop/desktop as by doing so, the inaccessible part of the drive can be ignored (as if bad sectors) for ever by the system, leading to permanently loosing data from those places.
- Don’t swap circuit boards with another PC. A firmware/system area conflict issue can cause major problems.
- Don’t forcibly play a clicking or non-responsive disk. It will aggravate the damage more.
- Don’t browse the Internet on the troubled system, because browsers save cache to your disk.
- Don’t copy new files or install any new program to that disk as that can overwrite the inaccessible data beyond the scope of recovery.
- If your hard disk is physically damaged never open it. Only a qualified hard disk data recovery professional should open a hard disk in a CLASS 100 Clean Room.
Be it any instance of data deletion, corruption or inaccessibility, Stellar offers efficient data recovery services. Call us for free consultation and avail our best in the industry data recovery services.